Monday, July 7, 2008

Dreaming as a nurse

I have committed a crime of sorts.

I have taken work home with me.

Not in the usual way by bringing home paperwork or completing an online test for continuing education. Nope, I get it personal. I DREAM about nursing.

Considering I'm not 100% sold on nursing, it shocked me that I would start dreaming of it.

I was dreaming that I should be working with my patients and shouldn't be sleeping on shift. Then I startle and think WHY THE HECK AM I SLEEPING WITH SOMEONE BESIDE ME... WHO IS IT? ANOTHER NURSE? A PATIENT?

Then I wake up and realize I'm at home, in bed, with my boyfriend sleeping, blissfully unaware of my dorky-ness. I will attempt to have non-nurse dreams in the future.

God I can't imagine what I will dream about after 5, 10 and 15 years of this. Thoughts?

2 comments:

anonymousRN said...

I'm glad that I am not the only wierd one who dreams that. I often used to dream that I was at work, but just couldn't stay awake and was falling asleep everywhere. I still dream it once in a while now... but not as much as before.

Anonymous said...

Dreaming at work is my warning sign that I am under too much stress. Also an indication to take some days off and take some time for myself.