Monday, March 3, 2008

Job update

The interviews are finished, both at the rural 40min away hospital, and at the large teaching hospital.

I have been tossing and turning about which one I would choose if I get both opportunities. I'm starting to lean toward the larger center, not because I would necessarily get more experience (although I think I would), but because it's closer to home, and there are more teaching opportunities (for me as a student, and later me as a mentor!)

And although I was concerned about not getting any trauma experience, apparently they still get some trauma at the large non-trauma center hospital. Plus, since I was open about my wanting to see trauma, the coordinators were also encouraging about that, stating that a part time position at the large hospital and a part time at the trauma center was possible.

I have also been working non-stop as a first aid instructor, and a data enterer. That's why I haven't been able to post about patient related stuff. I will add some things soon.

No comments: