Monday, February 11, 2008

Mini rant...

... this may be sac-religious for those purest RN's out there, but I have a confession to make. I have applied to medicine. A few times. All with the white letter PFO's (Please F*ck Off) saying I didn't get an interview. Fine, I can deal with that, perhaps I didn't have a 99% average, but I had 3 jobs, a heck of a lot of volunteer hours, and decent grades. I'm proud of myself for doing as well as I did. My life will not be a medical one (saves me some sleep and a heck of a lot of debt), and I will be a F'n good nurse.

Yesterday I was changing after an intramural sports game and I overheard a conversation.... "... like,I'm so excited. I got like 3 interviews for meds... so I'm, like, pretty much going to go to medicine next year. MMm i'm not sure, like, where I would want to go, I think I may go away, because, like, I need a change, but, like, I'm not sure.... "

Perhaps this person got a 4.0, perhaps this person built a hospital out of toothpicks in Rwanda.

I get mad, and I get jealous. What can I say.

No comments: