Friday, October 26, 2007

The life of a Grad Student... urgh

So I submitted a copy of my thesis to my thesis committee. If they like it, I can then just do a quick fix of what they wanted changed, and submit it an exam committee. I am so close I can feel it!

My supervisor, though, brought up the possibility the other day that due to unforeseen circumstances, my committee might not be able to read my thesis for a MONTH. What does this mean? It means that I might not be able to defend in early/mid December, the last possible time I could defend. You see, it seems simple, but in my department the exam committee needs a month to read it. Well, if my thesis committee is not going to approve my thesis, I wouldn't be able to submit my thesis to the committee until at least late November, which is too late for a defence in December, and it would get pushed until January.

I'm tired of this thesis. I've towed the line. I've done the work. Just let me defend and get this over with! I hate the idea that I'd have something overhead over the Winter break.

No comments: